CLOSED - Vacancy: Junior scientist - CLOSED
Sylics runs preclinical neuroscience studies for national and international partners. These studies focus on assessing the effect of novel therapeutic strategies to treat brain diseases such as Alzheimer’s disease, epilepsy, and schizophrenia. Sylics is looking for a knowledgeable and enthusiastic junior scientist, with a drive to perform high quality preclinical research to extend its team and serve its growing number of clients.
As a member of a team of researchers, technicians and data scientists, the candidate will work on multiple projects for different clients. The candidate will contribute to testing of the effectiveness of novel treatments against brain diseases by analysing behavioural, brain function, biochemical and immunohistochemical read outs in rodent models. Key responsibilities are:
- Develop in depth knowledge of Sylics’ preclinical brain disease models, both conceptually and technically
- Write high quality study plans for new preclinical research projects, in close collaboration with our internal scientific team and the scientist of our clients
- Contribute to writing of study reports, in collaboration with Sylics’ data analysis team, using internal procedures and Sylics’ reporting tools (e.g. AHCODA)
- Contribute to the development of new, state-of-the-art research services, to fulfil an unmet need in the market.
You have a degree in life sciences (MSc or PhD), and gained considerable experience in the field of preclinical (in vivo) neuroscience research. It is considered a plus if you can demonstrate relevant experience with in vivo techniques, immunohistochemistry and microscopy. You are an enthusiastic person with excellent organisational and communication skills, capable of working in a team. Fluency in English is essential to connect with customers, and fluency in Dutch is preferred given local (Dutch) regulations and procedures.
- Terms of employment
- Initially a temporary contract, part-time or full-time, for one year
- With the aim to extend the initial contract, ultimately leading to a permanent position
- Competitive salary and secondary benefits
- A challenging and entrepreneurial working environment
- An open and positive working atmosphere in a diverse team
Additional information and application
More information about our company can be found on www.sylics.com. For further information on the job, please contact us through email@example.com or call 085 3036800. We are not interested in service offers by recruitment agencies. Please send your CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted and evaluated on a rolling basis, with the aim to select a final candidate before the end of May 2022.
Occasionally, we have internship projects available in domains of bioinformatics and in vivo neuroscience, both at BSc (HLO) and MSc (WO) level. Please send your CV and motivation letter to email@example.com if you are interested.